DIY Mother's Day Treat

by - Wednesday, May 06, 2015


Mother's Day is just around the corner and I decided to show you lovelies how to make these super cute and easy Ice Cream Cupcakes for your mother! This is perfect if you want something that looks extremely fancy and girly but is actually very easy to create. It also looks amazing decorated on a table and for pictures!
Just continue reading if you want to learn how to make them!

ICE CREAM CUPCAKES 



WHAT YOU NEED: 

Ice cream cones. I recommend the "cup" cones which have flat bases. They are much easier to stand upright.
Cupcake batter. I used this recipe
Butter cream frosting. I used this recipe. (Note: I decided to halve the recipe on this site because I didn't need that much. You may wish to do the same.)
Food colouring (this is optional if you want to add some colour to the frosting or not).


 METHOD:

1. Have your cupcake batter and frosting ready

2. Sit your ice cream cones into a cupcake tray

3. Fill the cones with the batter. Make sure to fill till about half way (maybe even less) because they rise quite a bit.

4. Follow the instructions on your recipe about how long to bake for and however many degrees. I had my cupcakes at 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes

5. Once the cupcakes have baked, pull them out of the oven and leave to cool. Wait for at least an hour before icing otherwise it will melt

6. After the cupcakes have cooled, take your frosting and begin icing

7. You can decorate with sprinkles, edible hearts etc and VOILA you are done! 

DON'T FORGET TO TAKE LOT'S OF PICTURES! :)

I hope you guys liked that quick little recipe and you'll recreate it! If you do, make sure to send me a picture via Instagram or Twitter, I would love to see your recreations.

Anyway, I'm off! See you in the next post.

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts