The Incredible Benefits Of Warm Water And Lemon

by - Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Warm water and lemon

I am all about the healthy living. When you're healthy, your body feels good. And when your body feels good, so do you. Warm water and lemon is something I recently discovered during my time on the internet and I was eager to try it. Not only is it great as a detox water, it's amazing for the body and has many health benefits.

HOW TO DO IT:  Grab a glass and fill it with warm water. Avoid cold or hot water as it is harder for our bodies to digest it. Squeeze in half a lemon (more or less, depending on how you go) and drink it up. It is most beneficial in the morning but can be drunk any time of the day.

I'll be honest with you, the first time I tried it, it was tough getting it down my throat. Maybe because I had squeezed in too much or maybe because I wasn't used to the taste - either way, I didn't enjoy it. However, I tried my best to stick to it and within a few days, it wasn't so bad anymore. I also found it really hard to have time in the weekdays when I had to rush to school in the morning. Although, I recommend waking up 5-10 minutes earlier so this can be fit into your schedule because it truly is amazing!

HEALTH BENEFITS

1. Aids in digestion
and encourages the production of bile. Helps avoid bloating, bleching, heartburn etc. It also helps with constipation.
2. Strengthens immune system because of the Vitamin C (an essential nurtient that protects the body against deficiencies) in the lemon. It helps fight harmful bacteria, viruses and infections.
3. Improves oral health because of its anti-bacterial properties. It eliminates mouth bacteria which causes bad breath which is perfect in the morning. It also soothes tooth aches and can prevent gum diseases such as genitives. Along with all the other benefits, it whitens teeth because of the natural bleach in lemons.
4. It enhances the mood which is great to kick-start a morning as well. It minimizes anxiety and depression as well as reducing stress.
5. Aids weight loss because it increases the metabolism rate which burns calories fast.
6. Helps flush out toxins. It cleanses the body resulting in reduced weight, glowing skin and better digestion.
7. Maintains pH levels in the body. Lemon is acidic but turns into alkaline as soon as it goes into our body. The body should be more alkaline than acidic. Having a poor pH balance results in problems such as skin diseases, arthritis etc.
8. The potassium in the lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
9. Immense benefit to the skin and helps avoid wrinkles and acne. The lemon helps to eliminate the radicals which are responsible for causing ageing and wrinkling. The Vitamin C in lemons helps repair damaged skin tissue, lightens dark spots etc.
10. It maintains the health of eyes and helps avoid eye problems
11. Helps replenish body salts especially after a workout

After researching and learning all the health benefits of lemon water, I can't ever go back from this. I want to embed warm water and lemon into my everyday routine and I hope after reading the benefits you do it too! Let me know how you go (and how it tasted for the first time) in the comments below. I would love to hear from you.

Sources: here and here

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts