Healthy And Easy M & M Oat Cookies

by - Monday, September 28, 2015

Healthy And Easy M & M Oat Cookies | empowered internet women

Now I don't know about you but I love cookies! I love all types, flavours and variations. However, I have noticed that often cookies can be quite sugary, buttery and all round fatty, which can sometimes take the fun out of eating (and enjoying) them. 

Butttttt..... I have a solution! The delicious, easy, healthy and super quick M & M Oat Cookies! Wow that was a mouthful. These are generally better than full blown chocolate cookies because they have oats, which I feel makes these a lot better for you and more filling. 

M & M OAT COOKIES

PREP: 15 MINS | COOK TIME: 8 - 10 MINS | RECIPE SOURCE: I HEART NAP TIME

INGREDIENTS 

1 cup butter, softened 
1 cup light brown packed sugar
1/2 cup white sugar 
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract 
1 1/2 cup plain flour 
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt 
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup M & Ms (crushed)
M & M's for the top 

METHOD 

  1. Preheat oven to 177 C
  2. Cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth
  3. Beat in eggs and vanilla
  4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt
  5. Mix with sugar mixture
  6. Mix in quick oats and crushed M&Ms
  7. Place dough onto baking parchment or a greased tray 
  8. Add M&Ms on top and bake for 8 - 10 minutes 
  9. Once they're done, take them out and allow to cool
These cookies are perfect to take as a snack to school or nibble on around the day. They also make a great sleepover treat and is best served with a cold glass of milk. 

Hope you enjoyed this recipe and let me know on Instagram or Twitter if you try it out. Let me know in the comments what one of your favourite healthy snacks are. 

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts