5 Contemporary Young Adult Books You Must Read

by - Sunday, July 31, 2016

Eleanor And Park, Fangirl, All The Bright Places | empoweredinternetwomen

I love to read, in case you didn't know or were new to my blog! (And in that case, hello!). And when I was brainstorming post ideas, I realised I had never really shared my absolute must reads books in a blog post before!

It was extremely hard to narrow down the list to 5 and trust me, I wish I could include more. But I wanted to keep it short, sweet and simple for now. These are mostly all books that I have reviewed on my blog and I'll make sure to include a link so you can find out more about the book and what I thought of it in detail.

In no particular order, let's get into it!


1. All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven 

AHA! This is such a brilliant book that tackles such sensitive issues with such grace. The characters are lovable, the plot is unpredictable and the writing is absolutely flawless. I loved the book from the moment I read the blurb and it is one that I recommend to each and every person  I meet. 

It's perfect for everyone really. I can't think of a single person who would not like this book. Read it, read it, read it! And then make all your friends read it too. Because it's brilliant. 

Read by book review for All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.

All The Bright Places | empoweredinternetwomen

2. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon 

Everything Everything is an amazing book! It's heart-warming, sweet and a perfect light read. The characters are witty and lovable and the plot is quite unexpected. It's well written and my favourite part was the little drawings throughout the book. The drawings ranged from text message chats, emails, lists, scribbles and internet websites. 

It just added so much more to the book and set it apart from other books I've read before. It was absolutely adorable! 

Read by book review for Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon.

Eleanor And Park, Fangirl, All The Bright Places | empoweredinternetwomen

3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

Such. A. Cute. Book. Fangirl is so relatable and cute and heart-warming and lovable and the characters are so brilliant and sweet and real. Filled with subtle humour and not so subtle characters, it is the absolute perfect package. The way the book was written made the characters in the book really come alive and leap of the pages. It was almost as if I knew them in real life.  

I recommend this book to everyone especially the slightly anti-social bookworms (like me!) who really relate with the main character. 

Read my book review for Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. 

4. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson 

I'll Give You The Sun is one of the most unique books I've read and so beautifully created. The characters are really lifelike and easy to fall in love with. The book is presented in a stunning way with alternating chapters between the two twins, Noah and Judy. The book has romance, drama, suspense and everything else in between. 

Read my book review for I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson.

5. Eleanor And Park by Rainbow Rowell 

Eleanor And Park is brilliant for many reasons other than the gorgeously crafted characters and plot. It is diverse and unique with characters that don't fit the stereotypes. It's relatable, heart-warming and extremely quotable. Read it or you'll regret it! 

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts