August TBR

by - Saturday, August 06, 2016

Books | empoweredinternetwomen

Hey everyone! Today I’m doing something a little new and that is starting a ‘to be read’ books series. Every month (that I am able to) I’ll be able to share the books I am planning to read. I’m not sure if you guys like this style of posts and if anyone will be interested in reading them but I thought it would be a good idea to give it a try.

So onto the books I am planning to read during August! There are quite a few and hopefully I'll be able to read them all and post reviews for you! Let's get started. 

1. Tonight The Streets Are Our by Leila Sales 

I haven't heard much about this book online but I decided to see what it's about. The blurb seems quite cool and very up my alley and the cover is absolutely gorgeous so I'm pretty excited to read it. 

It's about a girl who stumbles upon the online musings of Peter, a writer and she feels as if she has finally found a kindered spirit. His blog gives voices to feelings Arden never knew how to express and she is convinced she has to meet him. So she sets out on a road trip to find him. And during one crazy night in New York, she discovers that Peter isn't exactly who she thought he was and even maybe, that she isn't exactly who she thought she was either. 

The book seems like a fairly easy read and quite unlike other young adult fiction so I'll let you know what I think about it.

Books | empoweredinternetwomen

2. A Court Of Thorns And Roses And A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas 

Having recently finished the Throne of Glass series also by Sarah J Maas (Related: Throne Of Glass No Spoiler Book Review) I am really excited to try her new series. The covers are gorgeous and I have heard so many wonderful things about the series on the internet. 

It follows the story of a huntress who gets imprisoned in an enchanted court, unable to escape. Her captor remainds masked but his piercing stare seems to draw her closer and as her feelings for him begin to change. She must find a way to break a spell or lose her heart forever. 

Intriguing, right? 

Books | empoweredinternetwomen

3. Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson 

I have heard so many good things about this book that I am absolutely dying to get stuck into it! It seems summery, light and fun although I can sense it has some deeper parts to the story. 

It's about a girl whose best friend disappears, leaving her a list of to-dos that push her right out of her comfort zone. But what if completing the list could bring her best friend back? 

4. The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

I have heard very little about this book but I have to say that I am quite intrigued about it. Especially after seeing the title. Seems very mysterious and alluring. 

The book is about Mara who wakes up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there or any explanation about the bizarre accident that caused the death of her boyfriend and two bestfriends that somehow left her unharmed. She starts afresh but sees the faces of her dead friends everywhere. And now, she's beginning to see other people's deaths before they happen. Is she going crazy? And on top of that, the most beautiful boy she's seen can't seem to leave her alone. But does he have her best interests at heart?

Books | empoweredinternetwomen

5. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson

After reading I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson (Related: I'll Give You The Sun No Spoiler Book Review), I am so excited to read this book! It seems beautiful and well written, as anything by Jandy Nelson always is. 

Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker, bookworm and band geek, plays second clarinet and spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey. But when Bailey dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to center stage of her own life - and, despite her nonexistent history with boys, suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two. Toby was Bailey's boyfriend; his grief mirrors Lennie's own. Joe is the new boy in town, a transplant from Paris whose nearly magical grin is matched only by his musical talent. For Lennie, they're the sun and the moon; one boy takes her out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it. But just like their celestial counterparts, they can't collide without the whole wide world exploding.


And that is it for my very first TBR post! I don't know if I'll get through all these books, depending on how busy I get. I don't hundred percent know if these are the books I am going to read in August. I don;t know if I like them, or if I'll be able to review them all! 

But I am really excited to give these books a shot! Let me know in the comments if there are any books that you recommend me to read or you want me to review and I will try my best. 

And remember to try and make time to read this month, even if you only get through one book!

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts