July Wrap Up

by - Wednesday, August 03, 2016

Fangirl | empoweredinternetwomen

Hello August! I cannot believe how fast the months have flown. It's ridiculous to think we're more than half way through the year.

Anyway, today I'm doing my July wrap up post! This is the first time I'm doing something like this and it is mostly experimental but let's just get started, shall we?


Blog

This month I read a lot! And I reviewed a lot. In fact, I reviewed every book I read. And I tried to post the reviews as fast as I could. 

Firstly, I finished the first four books in the Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas series! Woo hoo! The reviews (and maybe discussion) of the books is going to go up on my blog soon because I just have to do a little editing and then it's done. However, the first book review for Throne Of Glass is up! 


I also read Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch which I have also reviewed. The book is basically about the enslaved kingdom of Winter, seven survivors who were able to get out before Spring conquered Winter and the struggle of the survivors to free their people from slavery and to restore their kingdom to former glory. 


I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson is another book I read. It follows the story of two twins who were once inseperable until circumstances and events in their life drove them apart. Now they are barely speaking. The story is told from alternating point of views of the two twins, one of them aged 13 and the other aged 16 and it is one of my favourite books ever! In fact, I included it in my 5 contemporary young adult must reads! 


Life In Outer Space by Melissa Keil was about a geeky guy whose life gets turned upside down when beautiful Camilla, who is completely irrelevant to his life but finds a way to make a space for herself there anyway. It's heart-warming and incredibly sweet! 


Fangirl | empoweredinternetwomen

Another book I read this month (or more like re-read) was Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It's about an anti-social girl who would rather be lost in her fanfiction and Simon Snow world than make friends and go to parties. And when she is forced to brave college alone, without her twin sister at her side, she finally has to learn how to be herself rather than an extension of her twin. 


Finally, the very last book I read this month was We Were Liars by E Lockhart. The book is about a priveleged girl who spends her summer on a private island with her family. She has three other best friends and they call themselves 'the liars'. But then tragedy strikes and everything changes for 'the liars'. It was a thrilling and suspenseful book with unexpected twists and turns.


So overall, it was a total of 8 books this month which I have to say, I'm pretty happy with, especially since the Throne Of Glass novels were bigger reads than normal.

Life 

Quite a bit happened this month but nothing extremely exciting. My term holidays finished up (during which I read a lot of books, hence the fairly long list) and I went to work experience. 

That was a fairly drab experience, consisting of me spending a lot of time folding mail, stapling papers and alphabetizing files. Really not worth my time but I suppose it was good in getting me accustomed to working life. (I think.) 

The moment I went back to school, I was instantly swamped with lots of homework and assignments so yay for that, right?  

I also had to decide which subjects I wanted to do for Year 11 in school, which was extremely hard because I am absolutely terrible at making decisions. But after a lot of thought and discussion and pro's and con's lists, I finally made up my mind! 

And finally of course, Harry Potter And The Cursed Child was released! This is, by far, the most exciting thing! As of yet, I have not read it but I am very excited to. I am sure it is going to be brilliant and I've already heard from many reviews that the play was very enjoyable. 

Fingers crossed the play makes it's way to Australia. 

Anyway, happy August and remember to make this month a good one! Read lots, smile lots and do what you love. 

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts