Mid Year Book Freak Out!

by - Tuesday, August 16, 2016

The Winner's Curse | sprinkledpages

Hi there! Today I’m going to be doing another tag and this one is the Mid Year Book Freak Out! This is a little past the mid year (2 months actually) but I saw this tag and it looked like so much fun so I decided to do it.

This tag was created last year by Readlikewildfire and ElyJane. I have not been tagged but I decided to do it anyway. I tag everyone reading this to do the tag! You can either do it in your own blog post or video or write it in the comments section below! Make sure to send or tweet me the link because I love seeing other people’s responses.

Let’s get started.


Q1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2016?
A1. I’m going to bend the rules a little and mention a series instead which is The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski. I absolutely adored this series because it was so beautifully written and the characters were so layered and realistic. I have already raved about this so much on my blog that I won’t bore you with anymore details but you should definitely check it out!

Q2. Best sequel you’ve read in 2016?
A2. Hands down A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas. This one was so lovely. I did like the first book, A Court Of Thorns And Roses but the second one just blew it out of the water completely. I loved the characters and the plot and the writing and everything. It was phenomenal.

Q3. New release you haven’t read yet but want to?
A3. I mentioned this in my Intimidating TBR Tag but the new release book I haven’t read yet but want to is And I Darken by Kiersten White. It seems like such a cool book and I’ve heard such lovely things about it on the internet. The cover is absolutely gorgeous too and I cannot wait to get stuck into it.

Q4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
A4. Definitely Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven, The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon and The Midnight Star by Marie Lu. I have read All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (I also did a book review on it on the blog) and Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon (also did a book review) and both books were amazing. I cannot wait for these ladies to release another book so I can get into it! As for The Midnight Star by Marie Lu, that is the third book in the Young Elites trilogy (I did a book review on the first book) and I am very excited to see how it all goes down because that trilogy is so incredible and dark. I apologise for being so brief about all these books but I have done book reviews for all the ones released which you can read for more detail if you wish. 

Q5. Biggest disappointment?
A5. I have to say Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas. I did like the other books in the series but I did not like the first book much. After hearing such lovely things about it on the internet, I gave it a try and had such high hopes but I didn’t click with it. I did a whole book review on it which you can check out for why I didn’t like it very much. However, as mentioned before, I did like the rest of the books in the series and am so pumped for Empire Of Storms to come out.

A Court Of Mist And Fury | sprinkledpages


Q6. Biggest surprise?
Q6. For this I have to say A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas. As mentioned in the previous answer, I didn’t like Throne Of Glass very much and I didn’t have very high hopes for her other series but I was so wrong. It was so brilliantly and beautifully written and the characters were so amazing and the concept just blew my mind. And I am so glad I enjoyed it. I have done a book review on it where I talk about it in detail. 

Q7. Favourite new author?
A7. Marie Rutkoski who wrote the Winner’s Trilogy which is what I said the best book I have read this year has been in the very first question. She has such a poetic and subtle way of writing and she is absolutely brilliant. She writes so well and crafts her book so exquisitely that she is hands down, my favourite.

Q8. Newest fictional crush?
A8. Rhysand from A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas. I did not like him at all before but I love him to bits now. He is so sweet and kind and swoon worthy. I adore him and I wish Maas wrote like a hundred other books on him so I could devour them all.

Q9. Newest favourite character?
A9. Kestrel from the Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski. I am sorry that I keep repeating the same books over and over again but that’s the truth! She was so smart and sharp and funny and the kind of person I would either like to be or want to be best friends with.

Q10. Book that made you cry?
A10. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. It is such an emotional and touching book and so very beautiful. I read it very early this year but I still remember how I felt. I didn’t cry a whole lot with snot and tissues but I teared up and it really made my heart ache. It is such a must read!

Q11. Book that made you happy?
A11. A book that made me really happy was Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon because it was so cute and upbeat and fun and an enjoyable and light read. I won’t talk too much about it because I have done a book review on it which you can check out.

Q12. Most beautiful book you’ve bought or received this year?
A12. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. I have yet to read it but the fact that it has dogs all over it just got me like !!!!!!!!! because I heart dogs. The hardcover version of it is so gorgeous too with the ice cream truck.

Q13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
A13. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson, This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab and And I Darken by Kiersten White. There are so many more but these are the main three.

Q14. Favourite book community member?
A14. Hailey LeBlanc AKA hailheartsnyc. I adore her videos and her reviews are always so accurate. I love how honest and fun she is and how lovely her videos are.

Whew! This has been such a long one and my fingers are now very tired. Do try out this tag! It’s lots of fun. Quick question though, have you found that any of my answers are similar to yours? Or are they completely different? Let me know in the comments!

Until next time! 

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts