The Intimidating TBR Tag

by - Friday, August 12, 2016

The Intimidating TBR Tag | empoweredinternetwomen

Oh hey there! Today I am doing my very first tag post! This is super exciting because I have seen so many book tags on the internet but haven't participated in any! I know this is a slightly older one but I thought it was a cool idea and I wanted to give it a try.

I saw this tag on Hailey LeBlanc's YouTube channel. You should check her out because I think she's a lovely booktuber and has awesome videos!

And just before we start, I tag anyone reading this to also do this tag! You can do it on your own blog, Instagram or in the comments section below because I love seeing other people's responses.


Q1. What book have you been unable to finish? 
A1. I am not the kind of person that likes to start books and not finish them. I always also read one book at a time unless I find the particular book isn't very interesting. A book I did start but have found it hard to continue reading is Tonight The Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales. I was originally really excited to start it but when I started reading it, I got bored really quickly. The book did seem like it had a lot of potential but I don't know. This book was featured in my August TBR but I don't know if I am going to finish it off.

Q2. What book haven't you read because you haven't had the time?
A2. A book I really want to read but haven't yet is An Ember In The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir because I have had so many other books to read that are sitting on my shelves and I want to finish those before picking up new books.

Q3. What book haven't you read because it is a sequel? 
A3. A Torch Against The Night by Sabaa Tahir because as mentioned above, I haven't read the first book. I think this series is going to be really amazing and I have heard many lovely things about it so I'm pretty darn excited. Also, I don't think this book is out just yet.

The Intimidating TBR Tag | empoweredinternetwomen

Q4. What book haven't you read because it is brand new? 
A4. And  I Darken by Kiestern White is a fairly new book and I haven't been able to find a copy to read but I've heard so many lovely things about it and I really want to get stuck into it.

Q5. Which book haven't you read because you've read a book by the same author and didn't enjoy it? 
A5. I feel like this question has a lot of answers but the one I am going to go with is An Abundance Of Katherines by John Green. I have read The Fault In Our Stars which was fairly decent and I have read Paper Towns, which is book that really put me off An Abundance Of Katherines. I know many people are a big John Green fan and I don't mean any offence but I found some of his books just didn't click with me.

Q6. Which book haven't you read yet because you're just not in the mood for it? 
A6. Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard because I just recently read The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson which is a fairly sad book and I feel like Beautiful Broken Things is fairly similar so I needed a fun book in the middle of those two so I don't turn into a ball of tears and snot.

Q7. Which book haven't you read yet because it is humongous? 
A7. I don't really have an answer for this one because I am not scared by big books at all and I don't really have any in my TBR list. However, I will say that I haven't re-read the Harry Potter series since 2011 not because I didn't love it but because it was very long and I didn't think I'd have the time to re-read it. But maybe I will at some stage now. Who knows?

Q8. Which book haven't you read yet because it got really bad reviews? 
A8. The Siren by Keira Cass. I am not the hugest fan of her but I have read her Selection series and I thought it was pretty decent but after searching up reviews for The Siren, I feel quite cautious going into it.

Q9. What is the most intimidating book on your TBR? 
A9. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson because I have heard such lovely things about this book but I don't want to start reading it to find that I don't enjoy it at all.

Wow! My first tag post! I hope you enjoyed it and let me know if you want me to do more tag posts. Also, feel free to do this tag, like I mentioned above! It's quite a fun one and really involved me looking through my TBR shelf on Goodreads.

What are some of your intimidating TBRs? Let me know in the comments!

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts